Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Coneflowers on Gesso SOLD 3/15





I painted on this watercolor/gouache painting ALL day Sunday. I worked on an old piece of w/c paper that had medium on one side and splatters of gesso on the other.. Can't remember what workshop i had prepared this paper for.. The gesso was just on parts of the paper.. I attempted to paint on this paper @ the Park Rapids workshop, painting an ugly farm scene.. I washed it off and had an interesting background just waiting for me. I used a photo i had taken of Carl's cone flowers a couple of years ago. I added the 2 on the right of the painting to fill the page and they don't have the pazz-zazz the others do..Maybe they are from a different seed package.. who knows??
I added some Acrylic color to this painting.. mostly in the background.. trying to make it exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment